Insomnia Log

This is what keeps me awake at night???

Who needs sleep? (well you’re never gonna get it)
Who needs sleep? (tell me what’s that for)
Who needs sleep? (be happy with what you’re getting,
There’s a guy who’s been awake since the second world war)

-- words and music by Steven Page & Ed Robertson

Name:
Location: Boulder, Colorado, United States

Everything you need to know about me can be found in my posts

Friday, February 27, 2009

Call of the Tour

I'm not usually much of a sports prognosticator. However, I think I did pretty well in my predictions for the recently completed Tour of California.



How did I do?
  • Lance in the top five -- actually, he finished seventh, not too bad
  • Levi to win the tour, with Lance's help -- yup
  • Floyd, Tyler, and Ivan to do less than top performances -- Landis was 23rd (over 10 minutes back), Hamilton was 83rd out of 84th (over an hour back), and Basso failed to start the time trial while in 13th place
  • Cavendish would win two or three stages -- he picked up two
  • Boonen would win one stage -- he got second on the line in two stages
  • Cancellara would win the prologue -- yup
  • Lance would win the time trial -- nope, he was 14th; I missed that one!
  • Lots of successful breakaways -- there were four in seven road stages, pretty good odds
I'd say that was a correct prediction in seven out of ten, pretty close on two, and completely wrong on one.

I hate to toot my own horn, but you have to admit I did pretty good on this one.

How's Lance going to to in the Giro? Ask me again in about two months.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home