Insomnia Log

This is what keeps me awake at night???

Who needs sleep? (well you’re never gonna get it)
Who needs sleep? (tell me what’s that for)
Who needs sleep? (be happy with what you’re getting,
There’s a guy who’s been awake since the second world war)

-- words and music by Steven Page & Ed Robertson

Name:
Location: Boulder, Colorado, United States

Everything you need to know about me can be found in my posts

Friday, December 30, 2005

Jesus Loves the Little Children (and tells them what to watch)

I see Comcast has announced that they are offering a so-called family-friendly tier of channels. It seems that a few religionists have been complaining about all the Saddam and Gonorrhea depicted on the low-life scum channels. So, what is the response? Uh, can you spell "pander"? Scrounge up as many kids channels as you can, throw in some innocuous nature and self-help channels, and, while nobody is looking, how about tossing in the Jesus Channel (TBN). Get 'em while they're young, I always heard.

Not subtle enough? Let's see, somebody is complaining and playing the "morals" card. They are threatening to call in their favorite politician-on-a-stick and pass a law or something equally vile. So, morality apparently is the same as evangelical Christianity. Put Jesus in the package and the whole problem disappears. (See, there really is something to the claim that He could perform miracles!)

Well, I can tell you that this new offering is not friendly to my family. If it doesn't include the Sopranos, we're just not subscribing. We real families just have to stick together.

What Would JC Watch? I know for a fact it would include all the great fishing content on OLN.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home