Insomnia Log

This is what keeps me awake at night???

Who needs sleep? (well you’re never gonna get it)
Who needs sleep? (tell me what’s that for)
Who needs sleep? (be happy with what you’re getting,
There’s a guy who’s been awake since the second world war)

-- words and music by Steven Page & Ed Robertson

Name:
Location: Boulder, Colorado, United States

Everything you need to know about me can be found in my posts

Monday, August 14, 2006

No Virgins for You!

Some Islamic extremists are motivated to perform extreme acts in the hope of becoming martyrs. It has been widely reported that their religion promises 72 virgins in heaven if they die as martyrs.

However, there is one aspect of this that is not so widely known. It is true that dying in the service of Allah will earn you those 72 virgins. However, what they don't tell you is that you will have to share those 72 virgins with all of the other martyrs. Believe me, there have been a lot of martyrs in the past 1400 years.

Oh, and those virgins are getting just a bit shop worn, if you know what I mean.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home