Insomnia Log

This is what keeps me awake at night???

Who needs sleep? (well you’re never gonna get it)
Who needs sleep? (tell me what’s that for)
Who needs sleep? (be happy with what you’re getting,
There’s a guy who’s been awake since the second world war)

-- words and music by Steven Page & Ed Robertson

Name:
Location: Boulder, Colorado, United States

Everything you need to know about me can be found in my posts

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Shake, Rattler and Roll

It was almost right on cue, a little over a year since I reported seeing a rattler on Eagle Trail near Boulder, and in almost exactly the same location. In fact, today on my long run I was keeping my eye out, but it still surprised me. The hissing when I went past caught my attention. I circled back, careful to stay on the other side of the trail. There it was, just off the trail, watching me closely. I stood and watched it for a minute or two, but it didn't move, just watched me back.

The rattlers seem to stay just off the main trail -- out of the way of the fairly heavy foot/bike/dog/horse traffic, but close enough to at least startle anyone near the edge (where I often tend to run).

As I ran off, I came upon three women on horses heading towards the snake. I warned them to control their horses. Lots of folks also let their dogs run off leash in that area. I hope that they and their dogs are prepared for an unexpected encounter with a territorial rattlesnake!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home