Insomnia Log

This is what keeps me awake at night???

Who needs sleep? (well you’re never gonna get it)
Who needs sleep? (tell me what’s that for)
Who needs sleep? (be happy with what you’re getting,
There’s a guy who’s been awake since the second world war)

-- words and music by Steven Page & Ed Robertson

Name:
Location: Boulder, Colorado, United States

Everything you need to know about me can be found in my posts

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Fighting City Hall

A friend and neighbor of mine got nailed by the photo radar van on North Broadway near where we live. He's a non-practicing attorney, and loves to fight out stuff like that. Searching the Internet for details on how to fight the ticket, he happened on my blog entry on the topic.

I ran into my friend a couple of days ago and he excitedly told me he had beaten the ticket. It turns out that the city had not proven that the van was in a residential neighborhood, which is a requirement of state law, and which I pointed out in my essay.

So, it turns out that you can win, and that the City of Boulder is not so all-powerful in these things. Now I guess we'll see if they move or remove the van, or if they just count on the next victim to be unaware of the law.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Skepticon66 said...

Hey, we finally agree about something!! I knew if I looked long enough I might find something to praise you about. Cities are simply money hungry and will do anything to generate revenue. Tickets are simply a new form of taxation that don't have to pass on a ballot measure. Good for you and your friend...if I ever get busted by the photo van, I'll look you up again.

Thu Sep 04, 08:10:00 PM  
Blogger insomniac said...

Keep looking, I'll bet you'll find another. I can't be wrong on everything.

Thu Sep 04, 11:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home