Insomnia Log

This is what keeps me awake at night???

Who needs sleep? (well you’re never gonna get it)
Who needs sleep? (tell me what’s that for)
Who needs sleep? (be happy with what you’re getting,
There’s a guy who’s been awake since the second world war)

-- words and music by Steven Page & Ed Robertson

Name:
Location: Boulder, Colorado, United States

Everything you need to know about me can be found in my posts

Monday, May 25, 2009

Improving bicycle safety in one easy law

Governor Ritter recently signed the Bicycle Safety Bill and it goes into effect August 5. But the road to its passage was not smooth. Although it passed fairly easily in the Senate, in the House it encountered stiff opposition.

I spoke to house sponsor Rep. Michael Merrifield, an avid cyclist. According to Merrifield, "The objections came from people who don't understand the concept of cycling in high-speed traffic."

[more]

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home