In the Global Hot Seat
So, what is the truth? Check out what the EPA has to say on the topic.
- We know for a fact that the earth has warmed by about a degree over the past hundred years.
- The rate of temperature increase has increased during that time.
- Glaciers have been melting, snow cover has decreased, and below ground temperature has increased.
- Carbon dioxide in the atmosphere has increased to levels unseen in historical times. This is largely due to human activities.
- It is a known fact that carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases in the atmosphere tend to cause increased temperatures.
Let's give the climate-change-deniers the benefit of the doubt for a moment. Suppose there really is no consensus among scientists. Maybe there's only a 5% chance that the climate will change in a drastic and negative way. Shouldn't we still do everything we can to prevent that or lessen its impact? I'm guessing Jay Ambrose buys insurance. Consider the things we do to lessen global warming an insurance policy. Surely we can afford that.