Insomnia Log

This is what keeps me awake at night???

Who needs sleep? (well you’re never gonna get it)
Who needs sleep? (tell me what’s that for)
Who needs sleep? (be happy with what you’re getting,
There’s a guy who’s been awake since the second world war)

-- words and music by Steven Page & Ed Robertson

Name:
Location: Boulder, Colorado, United States

Everything you need to know about me can be found in my posts

Thursday, May 17, 2007

President Carter Calls It

Jimmy Carter once said that "Falwell can go straight to hell!" And now it has finally come true.

Jerry Falwell is dead. I'm sure that, if there is a hell, he is there. This is the founder of the Immoral Minority -- a group of folks so bloated in their own importance that they are willing to forget what this country is really about.

That's right. The founders of this country were so worried that one group would try to impose their religious beliefs on others that they wrote in the very first amendment in the Bill of Rights that it would not be tolerated. And yet it is.

Being pro-life, I can't celebrate anybody's death. But, as they say, "he will not be missed."

There is a picture in my mind of a special section in hell for Dr. Falwell. (Little known fact: Falwell's three honorary doctorates qualified him to perform abortions on demand.) In this special section, at every moment Jerry is forced to do the bidding of the likes of Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton, Teletubby Tinky Winky, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., Larry Flynt, Desmond Tutu, the ACLU, Jews, homosexuals, and people like me.

Mr. Falwell, I hope you enjoy your stay in hell. Eternity can seem like such a long time, but I'm sure you'll get used to it. And I'll be sure to look you up when I get there.


Jerry Falwell contemplates the "marital aids" that Tinky Winky had in that purse.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home