Insomnia Log

This is what keeps me awake at night???

Who needs sleep? (well you’re never gonna get it)
Who needs sleep? (tell me what’s that for)
Who needs sleep? (be happy with what you’re getting,
There’s a guy who’s been awake since the second world war)

-- words and music by Steven Page & Ed Robertson

Name:
Location: Boulder, Colorado, United States

Everything you need to know about me can be found in my posts

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Tyler's Day


Well, Tyler Hamilton got his (final) day in court this week. Did he or didn't he? We may never know for sure, but hopefully in a few weeks there will at least be an official, unappealable verdict.

Here's what I know:

  1. Doping is cheating. No doubt about it, if you dope you are violating the rules and you should not be allowed to compete.

  2. There are lots more ways to dope than there are ways to detect.

  3. Doping is prevalent in the Pro Peloton (at least in Europe). My next door neighbor raced professionally in Europe for years, and I've discussed this at length with him. At least on some teams, doping is allowed, even encouraged, and, according to him, the officials look the other way.

  4. The test is not infallible. Professional Ironman triathlete Rutger Beke was completely exonerated after he tested positive for EPO, and went on to place fourth this year in Hawaii.

So, Tyler, I hope you get exonerated, and I hope it is because you really weren't doping. Anything else, and I might as well go outside and play in July!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home