Insomnia Log

This is what keeps me awake at night???

Who needs sleep? (well you’re never gonna get it)
Who needs sleep? (tell me what’s that for)
Who needs sleep? (be happy with what you’re getting,
There’s a guy who’s been awake since the second world war)

-- words and music by Steven Page & Ed Robertson

Name:
Location: Boulder, Colorado, United States

Everything you need to know about me can be found in my posts

Monday, January 16, 2006

What Price Apology?

A few days ago I condemned Pat Robertson for completely inappropriate comments about Ariel Sharon after Sharon's stroke, the latest in a long line of highly inappropriate comments.

Well, it turns out that Robertson was working with Israel to build a $50 million evangelical Christian center there. And, surprise, after Robertson's remarks, the Israelis no longer felt good about participating in that project.

Well, it turns out that PR can be bought. To get his center in Israel, he sent a personal apology to Ariel Sharon's son. And, yes, that was good enough to get Israel back to the table on building the Christian center.

Seems to me that Pat Robertson owes the biggest apology to the few people who still listen to what he says with even the tiniest bit of respect.

None of this has changed my opinion that there is a special circle in hell reserved for Pat Robertson.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home