Insomnia Log

This is what keeps me awake at night???

Who needs sleep? (well you’re never gonna get it)
Who needs sleep? (tell me what’s that for)
Who needs sleep? (be happy with what you’re getting,
There’s a guy who’s been awake since the second world war)

-- words and music by Steven Page & Ed Robertson

Name:
Location: Boulder, Colorado, United States

Everything you need to know about me can be found in my posts

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Correction: Baby Semantics

Ok, I've been "told" that I was wrong, that Oklahoma has not banned the adoption of gay babies. Rather, they have banned same-sex adoption.

Seems like semantics to me. And in any case, my arguments are still relevant. Why does the government of Oklahoma think they have to right to prevent you from adopting a same-sex baby?

Is there anything all that bad if a man adopts a baby boy or a woman adopts a baby girl? It may not be for everybody, but all of the research shows that children with a same-sex parent grow up just as well-adjusted as children with an opposite-sex parent.

So, my point stands. Same-sex adoption should not be illegal in Oklahoma and same-sex children adopted in other states should not be taken away when the same-sex parent takes the child to Oklahoma.

It's a scandal. It's an outrage.
It's a problem we must solve.
We gotta start a revolution!

All right, boys. Revolve!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home