Insomnia Log

This is what keeps me awake at night???

Who needs sleep? (well you’re never gonna get it)
Who needs sleep? (tell me what’s that for)
Who needs sleep? (be happy with what you’re getting,
There’s a guy who’s been awake since the second world war)

-- words and music by Steven Page & Ed Robertson

Name:
Location: Boulder, Colorado, United States

Everything you need to know about me can be found in my posts

Thursday, November 16, 2006

The Babies Go Marching Two By Two


Ok, so "apparently" I still didn't get it right. I've been told that the state of Oklahoma didn't ban adoption of gay babies and they didn't ban the adoption of same-sex babies.

The Okies have mastered the art of subtle nuance. The actual law is a prohibition on same-sex couple adoption.

I can't believe that anybody would object to adopting two brothers or two sisters. I'm sure I saw it on TV. The real crime is breaking up families. And, what -- if they are a brother and a sister you can adopt them, but just because they happen, purely through genetics, to be the same gender, they can't both be adopted by the same parents.

Well, here's the real crime. Lawmakers in Oklahoma, claiming to be family friendly, are actually breaking up families. How can they sleep at night? If the 10th U.S. Circuit Court doesn't find that this law is unconstitutional, then those judges never had a brother!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home